austin tech jobs average industry across nearly

techsuch May 9, 2021 0 Comments

Austin’s booming tech industry shows rapid growth in the Austin marketThe Austin tech market grew more than 6% in 2018 compared to a just under 4%increase across all Austin industries.AUSTIN, Texas — A recent study by the Austin Chamber of Commerce revealed thatAustin’s tech industry grew 2% more than the average growth rate across allindustries in the Austin area from 2017 to 2018.The Austin tech industry has grown by nearly 25% in the past five years, andnearly 30% in the past 10 years.There are more than 7,000 high-tech employer firms in the Austin area,accounting for over 14% of all employer firms in Austin, which employs over1.5 times the national average for tech industries.High-tech jobs account for almost 16% of all jobs in Austin, which is nearly7% more than the national average of just under 9%.Within the tech industry in Austin, manufacturing jobs make up just over 23%of the industry and nonmanufacturing jobs make up the other, almost 77% of theindustry.The average annual salary across all industries in Austin is just over$62,000, while jobs in the high-tech sector of Austin boast an average salaryof almost double that – more than $118,000.Austin’s booming tech industry shows rapid growth in the Austin marketThe Austin tech market grew more than 6% in 2018 compared to a just under 4%increase across all Austin industries.AUSTIN, Texas — A recent study by the Austin Chamber of Commerce revealed thatAustin’s tech industry grew 2% more than the average growth rate across allindustries in the Austin area from 2017 to 2018.The Austin tech industry has grown by nearly 25% in the past five years, andnearly 30% in the past 10 years.There are more than 7,000 high-tech employer firms in the Austin area,accounting for over 14% of all employer firms in Austin, which employs over1.5 times the national average for tech industries.High-tech jobs account for almost 16% of all jobs in Austin, which is nearly7% more than the national average of just under 9%.Within the tech industry in Austin, manufacturing jobs make up just over 23%of the industry and nonmanufacturing jobs make up the other, almost 77% of theindustry.The average annual salary across all industries in Austin is just over$62,000, while jobs in the high-tech sector of Austin boast an average salaryof almost double that – more than $118,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.